- Bookings will only be accepted on one of our secure online booking forms. If a booking is made eight weeks or more before the tenancy is due to start, it must be accompanied by a deposit of one-third of the rent. If a booking is made less than eight weeks before arrival, the full rent, must be paid at time of booking. All bookings are provisional until confirmed in writing by the proprietors. Once the booking form is received and accepted by the proprietors, the payment of the balance is due eight weeks before the start of the tenancy otherwise it will be treated as a cancellation. Payments may be made by debit card, credit card, electronic bank transfer or cheque. Debit and credit card transactions are free of charge. Cheques should be made payable to Higher Menadew Farm Cottages and can only be accepted up to two weeks prior to holiday. The balance due date is on the booking confirmation.
- In the event of a cancellation you will still be liable to pay the total amount due. However, if we manage to re-let the accommodation, 75% of the total price will be returned. You are advised to take out cancellation insurance to cover this eventuality.
- The proprietors reserve the right to refuse any booking or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums you have paid, excluding any credit card charges, without further liability on your behalf.
- The proprietors reserve the right to terminate your stay if you, or any member or members of your party, are believed to be causing a nuisance to the other guests or are not treating the property with due respect.
- The proprietors shall not be liable to you, or any other member of your party, for any loss or damage to you or to your property however caused.
- You are responsible for the property and are expected to take all reasonable care of its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects, in or on the property. You must leave them in the same state of repair, and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period as at the beginning. You must not use the properties for any dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisy, immoral activities or carry on there any act that may be a nuisance or annoyance to the owner or other neighbouring properties. You are legally bound to reimburse us for replacement, repair or extra cleaning costs on demand. If you lose a key we will replace it upon you paying for the cutting of a new one.
- There must be no more members in your party than the cottage is designed to accommodate and only those listed on the Booking Form may occupy the cottage. A cot may only be occupied by a child aged 24 months or less. We reserve the right to refuse admittance if these conditions are not observed. Any persons other than members of your party must not use the facilities at Higher Menadew.
- We are essentially providing family accommodation and it is policy not to accept bookings from groups of young people under the age of 25 and/or large all male or all female parties. All other group bookings by arrangement.
- The proprietors reserve the right to enter the property at all reasonable times during your stay for the purposes of inspection or to carry out any necessary repairs and maintenance.
- You are required to vacate the property by 10 a.m. on the day of departure, and arrive not before 4 p.m. on the day of arrival. (This ensures that we have time to prepare the cottage for incoming tenants and your co-operation in this matter will contribute to a trouble-free changeover.) Lettings are for a maximum of four weeks. You will be liable for any cost of whatsoever nature incurred because of an unauthorised extension.
- If for any reason beyond the proprietors’ control the property is not available on the date booked (owing to fire damage for example), or the property is unsuitable for holiday letting, all rent and charges paid in advance by the applicants will be refunded in full, but the applicants shall have no further claim against the proprietors.
- Smoking and pets: smoking is strictly forbidden inside the cottages; and, pets are not permitted.
- The proprietors reserve the right to cancel any booking or terminate the tenancy, without prejudice to the other rights and remedies of the proprietors, if it subsequently transpires that any of these conditions have not been observed.
- The proprietors reserve the right to change, e.g. through refurbishment, details as previously advertised.
- VAT is included in the weekly rent. Any change in the rate of VAT will be borne by the guest.
- Overseas guests may pay in GBP Sterling by cheque drawn on a UK bank, debit card or by international electronic transfer. Any charges for payments from overseas will be passed on to the guest. Debit card transactions are free of charge (see clause 1).
- The tenancy confers upon the Tenants the right to occupy for a holiday within the meaning of Schedule 1, Paragraph 9 of the Housing Act 1988.
- Wi-Fi access: you, and all members of your party, accept the Higher Menadew Farm Cottages wi-fi access terms and conditions as the basis of use of the wireless internet access provided.
- The person who completes the booking form certifies that: a) he or she is authorised to agree the booking conditions on behalf of all persons included on the booking form, including those substituted or added at a later date; b) the signatory is over eighteen years of age and a member of the party intending to occupy the property; and c) agrees to take responsibility for the party occupying the property.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that you have an enjoyable stay. However, if you have any problem or cause for complaint, it is essential that you contact us immediately to give us the chance to resolve it. We value your custom and want you to return.
- Data Privacy Statement: We treat any data collected during the course of making bookings or dealing with enquiries in strict confidence. Your data will never be sold. As members of Premier Cottages (a marketing collective of the best four and five star cottages in the UK) we have agreed to supply to Premier Cottages Ltd the names, postal and email addresses of all guests booking with us during the previous year, in order that these guests may be sent a Premier Cottages brochure and sent promotional emails from time to time. We also provide them with the email addresses of guest enquiries. By accepting these terms and conditions you are indicating your consent to receiving these communications unless you let us know otherwise. If at any time you would like your details removed from this list all you need do is to click the unsubscribe link on any of the emails or contact us and we will arrange for you to be removed from the database.
- The validity, construction and performance of this Agreement shall be governed by English law. If any term or provision in these booking conditions shall in whole or in part be held to any extent to be unenforceable under any enactment or rule of law that term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed not to form part of this agreement and the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affected.
- These booking conditions replace and supercede all previous booking conditions.
Higher Menadew Farm Cottages Wi-Fi Access Terms and Conditions
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions on which wireless internet access (“the Service”) is provided free of charge to you, a customer/guest of Higher Menadew Farm Cottages (“us”) in consideration for your custom and your agreement to these terms and conditions.
1. Extent of the Service
1.1 We do not recommend in particular the use of any websites (or other internet related services) (“Internet Services”) and your use of Internet Services is carried out entirely at your own risk.
1.2 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the Internet Services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free.
1.3 We have no responsibility for, or control over, the information you transmit or receive via the Service.
1.4 Save for the purposes of network diagnostics we do not examine the use to which you put the Service or the nature of the information you send or receive.
1.5 We do not guarantee:
1.5.1 the availability of the Service;
1.5.2 the speed at which information may be transmitted or received via the Service; or
1.5.3 that the Service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
1.6 Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of the Service and to prevent unlawful access to information transmitted or received using the Service we do not guarantee the security of the information which you may transmit or receive using the Service or located on any equipment utilising the Service and you accept that it is your responsibility to protect your information and have adequate security (in terms of equipment and procedures) to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your information and data.
1.7 We reserve the right at all times to withdraw the Service, change the specifications or manner of use of the Service, to change access codes, usernames, passwords or other security information necessary to access the service.
2. Your Use of the Service
2.1 You must not use the Service to access Internet Services, or send or receive e-mails, which:
2.1.1 are defamatory, threatening, intimidatory or which could be classed as harassment;
2.1.2 contain obscene, profane or abusive language or material;
2.1.3 contain pornographic material (that is text, pictures, films, video clips of a sexually explicit or arousing nature);
2.1.4 contain offensive or derogatory images regarding sex, race, religion, colour, origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition or sexual orientation;
2.1.5 contain material which infringe third party’s rights (including intellectual property rights);
2.1.6 in our reasonable opinion may adversely affect the manner in which we carry out our business; or
2.1.7 are otherwise unlawful or inappropriate;
2.2 Music, video, pictures, text and other content on the internet are copyright works and you should not download, alter, e-mail or otherwise use such content unless certain that the owner of such works has authorised its use by you.
2.3 We may terminate or temporarily suspend the Service if we reasonably believe that you are in breach of any provisions of this agreement including but not limited to clauses 2.1 to 2.3 above.
2.4 We recommend that you do not use the service to transmit or receive any confidential information or data and should you choose to do so you do so at your own risk.
2.5 The Service is intended for consumer use only. In the event that you use the Service for commercial purposes we would specifically refer you to clause 5.2 below.
3. Criminal Activity
3.1 You must not use the Service to engage in any activity which constitutes or is capable of constituting a criminal offence, either in the United Kingdom or in any state throughout the world.
3.2 You agree and acknowledge that we may be required to provide assistance and information to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities.
3.3 You agree and acknowledge that we may keep a log of the Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses of any devices which access the Service, the times when they have accessed the Service and the activity associated with that IP address
3.4 You further agree we are entitled to co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you which may include, but is not limited to, disclosure of such information as we have (whether pursuant to clause 3.3 or otherwise), and are entitled to provide by law, to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
4. Other Terms
4.1 You agree to compensate us fully for any claims or legal action made or threatened against us by someone else because you have used the service in breach of these terms and conditions, and in particular clause 2.1 to 2.3 and 3.1 above.
4.2 Whilst we do not seek to limit our responsibility for fraudulent misrepresentation or if you are injured or die as a result of our negligence we have no responsibility (to the extent permitted by law) to compensate you (whether or not we are negligent) for any direct financial loss, loss of profit, revenue, time, anticipated savings or profit or revenue, opportunity, data, use, business, wasted expenditure, business interruption, loss arising from disclosure of confidential information, loss arising from or in connection with use of the service or inability to use or access the service or a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the service at any time or damage to physical property or for any other similar direct loss that may arise in relation to this agreement whether or not we were advised in advance of the possibility of such loss or damage.
4.3 We agree that neither this agreement does not allow either party to act as, or hold themselves out as, acting as an agent of the other party and that that the terms of this agreement are not enforceable by a third party under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
4.4 This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales and is subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.